Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Cherry Sideboard
- Page 41: Materials, Supplies and Cutting Diagram
- Cutting Diagram: The fourth board down in the left column shows an additional workpiece at the bottom of the board that should not be there. All parts are accounted for in the materials list.
- Craftsman-Style Wall Mirror
- Page 22: Location of shelf
- Clarification: The location dimension for the shelf on the Wall Mirror is not specified. It should measure 4 3/4" from the bottom edge of the shelf to the bottom edge of the stiles. The art on page 21 does indicate the location of the countersunk holes to drill, and the shelf is centered from side to side.
- Page 22: Sidebar
- The sidebar refers readers to page 31 to learn how to make cove moldings on the table saw, but that information is really on page 30.
- Page 23: Main illustration
- The specific locations for the half laps for the muntins (part K) are not detailed in the drawing. They should be located to create four equally spaced openings.
- Inlaid Picture Frame
- Page 19: Left Illustration
- Left drawing in the How-To Box at the bottom of page 19: The 1/8 dimension should be 1/4. The 1/16 dimension should be 1/8.
- Woven-Seat Bench
- Page 28: Materials, Supplies & Cutting Diagram
- The short seat rail (E) should be 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 14. The part is shown with the correct dimensions in the drawing on page 26.