Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- A Distressed Milk Paint Finish
- Page 46: Text
- The article refers to a box-jointed pine tray. That project was from Woodsmith issue 182, not issue 183 as the article suggests.
- Drop-Front Desk
- Page 39: Main illustration
- The drawing incorrectly calls out the Outside Panel (CC) and the Inside Panel (DD) with the same length, 37 1/2". The inside panel should be 1" shorter, 36 1/2" long. It's listed correctly in the materials list on page 41.
- Page 41: Materials, Supplies, and Cutting Diagram
- The materials list shows one pair of Flush Bronze Hinges but you need two pair.
- Page 37: Detail 'b'
- The hole for the magnet and cup is incorrectly labeled as 1/2" dia. This should be a 3/8"-dia. hole.
- Page 41: Supplies list
- Two (2) 1/2"-dia. Rare-Earth Magnets W/Cups & Washers are listed. These should be 1/4"-dia.
- Page 38: Detail 'e'
- Detail 'e' calls out #8 x 2” Fh woodscrews used along the front edge to attach part 'A' to part 'S'. This should be #8 x 1 1/4" FH woodscrews.
- Page 39: Body copy
- Additional instructions for how to attach the upper and lower sections of the drop-front desk: As shown on page 34, you'll drill 14 countersunk screw holes in the Lower Cabinet Top (A). These holes are also visible (and easier to see) on page 35 drawing. When you attach the Lower Cabinet Top Panel (S) to the Lower Cabinet Top (A), you will use #8 x 1 1/4" screws through the 4 holes along the front edge only of the Lower Cabinet Top (A). There is a side view of this shown on page 38, detail 'e'. Now, when you go to attach the upper cabinet, you'll use the remaining 10 countersunk holes (they'll need extended through part S) and #8 x 2" screws. This is also shown on page 38, detail 'e'.
- Frame and Easel
- Page 21: Materials List
- The Backer Top/Bottom (A) for the 8x10 frame should be 8" long, not 8 1/2" as originally printed.