Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Craftsman Library Table
- Page 39: Materials, Supplies & Cutting Diagram
- The screw counts for the hardware list should be as follows: (16) #8 x 1-1/4" Fh Woodscrews – not the (8) listed ; (12) #8 x 1" Fh Woodscrews – not the (18) listed ; (18) #8 x 5/8" Fh Woodscrews – not the (12) listed.
- Page 36: Detail a
- The screw in detail 'a' on page 36 should be a #8 x 1-1/4" Fh woodscrew, not the 1" shown.
- Page 36: Adding the Drawer Supports
- Some of the knockouts in the main figure are not layered correctly and as a result cover up some or most of the arrows associated with the End Drawer Support Rail (N) at the left, the Drawer Runners (O) at the lower left, and the End Rail Spacer (P) shown at the upper right.
- Page 38: The far right drawing
- Several corrections: (1) The long callout should read: "Stop routing when drawer front reaches layout line." The arrow is pointing to the correct line. (2) On the other layout line to the right add the following callout: "CL of bit", please note that CL means centerline, the callout should look like the one in the "Routing the Grooves" drawing just to the left. (3) Add a dimensioning callout to reflect that the distance between the two layout lines is 1-7/16". To sum up: The drawing on the right should have "mirror" image information in regards to layout lines, distance, and where to stop the drawer when routing the groove.
- Page 39: Cutting Diagram
- The letters on several parts were switched and one part was omitted. As follows: Part H should be changed to I; part F should be H; and part I should be F. Four small spacers, parts P, were left out, but there is plenty of extra material to cut them from.
- Page 39: Illustration callout
- There is a callout in the drawing at the top of the page that gives the dimensions of the top as 24" x 84". The correct dimensions are 28" x 54".
- Page 34: Exploded View illustration
- The Back Ledger (part F) should be 1 3/4" wide, not 1" as originally printed. (The dimensions are shown correctly in detail B and in the materials list on page 39.)