Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Letter Bin
- Page 17: How-To, First Illustration
- The curve should start 1 5/8" from the edge of the notch, as shown in detail 'b' at the top of the page.
- Page 17: Text in Joinery paragraph
- Under the paragraph heading "Joinery", the second sentence should read as follows: These rabbets, which you'll find dimensioned in details 'c' and 'd,' will hold the plywood back that's added later.
- Shop Notebook
- Page 33: Illustration 3
- For the letter bin, the screws should be #6 x 3/8" woodscrews, not 1/2" as shown. The Letter Bin article correctly says to use 3/8" woodscrews.
- High-Back Hall Bench
- Page 31: Mirror Description
- Clarification: The mirrors used in this project were custom-made with a 1 1/4" bevel. The bevel size is a matter of personal preference, so choose what looks best to you.
- Page 31: Supply list for Upper Assembly
- The length of Piece II is 4 3/4", not 4 1/4" as printed.
- Page 31: Cutting diagram
- The diagram indicates 4 of part II, but only 2 are needed.
- Page 30: How-to Bracket Details diagram
- The piece is 4 3/4" long, not 4 1/4" as printed. The placement for the hole to accept the T-bolts that hold the upper assembly to the bench is correct.
- Page 31: Cutting Diagram
- Part Y is listed as plywood, yet shows up on the top board in the lower set. That part number on the board should be W. Also, parts DD and EE in the second board are plywood as well. There's no need for them to be listed on the board.
- 2-in-1 Desk Set
- Page 39: Drilling the holes illustration
- The drawing on the left has a callout about drilling a 9/32"-dia. hole. It should be 9/64".