Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Pedestal Desk
- Page 59: Illustration
- A part on the right-hand side is listed as being 5/16” -20 hex head bolt. It should be 5/16”-18 hex head bolt.
- Pet Feeding Center
- Page 32: Text, first paragraph
- In the printed issue, the second sentence says, "The two drawers use a simple locking rabbet construction technique." It should say, "The two drawers use a simple tongue and dado construction technique."
- Page 33: Text, 'Two Drawers' section
- In the first paragraph under the "Two Drawers" header, the second sentence reads, "As I said earlier, they're made using locking rabbet joints at the front and rear." It should say, "As I said earlier, they're made using tongue and dado joints at the front and rear."
- Shellac: Foolproof Finish
- Page 11: Shellac mixing chart
- On the 2lb. cut line, instead of 6 ounces shellac flakes for 1 quart, it should be 8 ounces shellac flakes for 1 quart.
- Spokeshave Set
- Page 25: Figure 3
- In detail 3b, we show Part B positioned incorrectly on the sled. The angle shown as 60° should be 30° and the bottom of the front body should be facing up and towards the back of the saw, not up and towards the front of the saw as shown. In Figure 3, the angle of the sled at the back edge is incorrect, also.