Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Page 51: Dartboard Cabinet Sources
- The Upper Cove Molding used in the dartboard cabinet is not listed in Sources. The manufacturer is Ferche Millwork. The item number is F606. The Ferche Millwork web page has a link to find local dealers. Contact info: Ferche Millwork, 800-328-7867, ferche.com
- Dartboard Cabinet
- Page 27: Detail 'a'
- The artwork in detail 'a' at the top of the page shows the incorrect dimensions for Part 'O', Upper Cove Molding. The 1-3/8" dimension should be changed to 1-1/4".
- Oak Nightstand
- Page 20: Main illustration
- Note below main illustration should read: Sides, backs, guides, and kickers are ½" –thick hardwood. Stops are 1/8"-thick hardwood. Molding is ¾" –thick hardwood. Fronts are ¾” plywood. Bottoms are ¼" plywood.
- Page 16: Main illustration
- The Case Trim (C) parts are shown as 19 3/4" long (for the side trim) and 24 5/8" long (for the front trim). These should be 19 1/4" for the side trim and 23 5/8" for the front trim
- Tips & Techniques
- Page 5: Detail 'b'
- The 2” dimension should be 1½”.
- Page 4: Detail 'a'
- The 1 7/8” dimension is correct, but the magnet, leader line and arrow should be moved slightly to the right to reflect this dimension accurately. They are currently 1½” from the edge of the door frame.
- Page 5: Exploded View
- The hinges are shown on the Back Frame Assembly with the wrong leaf attached to the stile. Also, the hinge barrel/pin should be be on the back side of the hinge.