Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Choosing an Air Compressor
- Page 11: Photo, upper right corner
- The DeVilbiss 20-gallon, 5hp, single-stage oil-lubricated compressor shown in the photo is no longer manufactured.
- Folding Table
- Page 26: Detail B Illustration
- The groove for the Z-clips that hold the table top should be 3/8" from the top edge of the rail; not 1/4" as originally shown.
- Jewelry Chest
- Page 51: Sources
- The Brass Hinges are no longer available from Van Dyke Restorers. Rockler sells a very similar narrow cabinet hinge, item nr. 32908.
- Page 36: Illustration detail b
- The drawer runner dado width should be 1/4", not 3/8" as originally printed.
- Page 37: Main illustration
- The dowels used to join the case top and bottom to the sides and back should be 1/4"dia. by 3/4" to match the depths specified for the holes. As originally printed, they are called out as 1/4" dia. by 3/4". (They are also incorrectly listed as being 1 1/4" long on the materials list on p. 42.)
- Page 42: Materials, Supplies & Cutting Diagram
- The fluted dowels (used to assemble the case) should be 1/4" dia. by 3/4" long. They are incorrectly listed as being 1 1/8" long. (The same error appears in the main illustration on page 37).
- Page 35: Exploded view drawing
- The exploded view drawing incorrectly shows drawer construction using tongue and dado joinery. The drawers were actually built using regular rabbet joinery as shown in the Top Section View on the same page. There is also a callout on the exploded view that should state: "Drawers constructed using rabbet joinery."
- Tips & Techniques
- Page 5: Drill Dock
- The callout and note give a bevel angle of 30 degrees, but the correct angle and that depicted in the art is 45 degrees.
- Page 7: Acute Angle Miter Jig
- The short leg should be 16 5/8" and the base measurement should be 28 5/8".