Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Classic Corner Cabinet
- Page 41: Materials List
- Four corrections: (1) The materials list indicates that four pocket screws are needed, but only two are required. (2) The dimensions for the Shelf (M) should be 12 3/4". (3) The Door Panels (Q) are 3/4" thick. The cutting diagram properly shows them as being cut from 3/4" poplar. (4) The correct dimension for the Side Panels (E) is 16 7/16" (3/8 ply. - 16 7/16 x 27 1/4), as shown in the drawing on page 34.
- Page 51: Source for crown molding
- The crown molding source was omitted from the Sources information. The molding used was from Ferche, product number F610. The Ferche website has a dealer locator: www.ferche.com.
- Page 34: Main illustration
- At the top of the main drawing, there is a dimension shown of 13". This is actually the distance from the end of the top panel to the screw hole, not to the corner of the panel as shown. The left arrow of the dimension line should extend over to the screw hole. (The correct distance of 11 1/16" from the end of the panel to the back corner is shown on the bottom panel.)
- Page 38: Middle illustration, detail a
- The middle drawing in the How-To box gives an incorrect depth of 1/4" for the dadoes in the Back Stiles (D). The correct depth is 3/8". This matches the depth of the rabbets at the top and bottom of the stiles.
- Quilt-Top Keepsake Box
- Page 1: Online Extra
- The dimension for the short vertical border block (lower right corner of the page) should be 6".
- Page 21: Detail a and b
- Detail illustrations 'a' and 'b' in the upper right corner of the page show incorrect distances for the stop block location. The measurement in detail 'a' should be changed from 1 5/8" to 1 1/2". The measurement in detail 'b' should be changed from 1 1/2" to 1 5/16".
- Page 23: Materials, Supplies & Cutting Diagram
- The dimension of 1-5/8" shown on part H (Diamonds) should be 1-23/32".
- Page 21: Dimensions of Part H
- The illustration at the top of the page and detail a in the top illustration under How-To Cut Blocks gives the dimension of 1 1/58" for the diamond-shaped pieces (H) but it should be 1 23/32".
- Page 21: Drawing of top block pieces
- Clarification: The thickness of the blocks used to create the pattern is 1/4".
- Shop Notebook
- Page 30: Illustration, lower right
- The drawing has the person's arm in an unsafe position. The arm should be more to the left and away from the saw blade.