Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Tambour Tool Cabinet
- Page 34: Drawings
- The location of the groove that holds the false back in the case sides was omitted from the drawings. The groove is cut 7" from the front edge. (That's 7" to the front edge of the groove.)
- Tips & Techniques
- Page 5: Main drawing and Detail a
- Main drawing: The stop should be 1 3/16" wide, not 1 1/8" as indicated in the callout. Detail a: The 1/8" dimension at the bottom of the drawing should be 1/16".
- Two-Tier Storage Bench
- Page 23: Exploded view
- The side panel on the far right shows a tongue on the front edge that should not be present. The top end of the face frame stile correspondingly shows a groove that should not be there, either.
- Page 24: Third drawing, Trim Center Panel Tongue
- In order to match the notch cut in the back, the tongue should be trimmed 13 3/8" from the bottom instead of the 13 1/8" as originally printed.
- Page 24: Main illustration
- In order for the back panel to fit correctly, the bottom panel (C) needs to be slightly narrower than the End Panels (A & B) and Center Panel (D). The bottom should be 15" and not 15 1/4" as printed. (This will affect the materials and supplies list as well.)
- Page 29: Materials, Supplies & Cutting Diagram
- The dimensions of part C (Bottom Panel) should be 15 x 35, not 15 1/4" as originally printed. (See related correction to page 24).