Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Craftsman-Style Wall Cabinet
- Page 36: Detail b, Top Section View
- At the far right of the drawing, there is a dimension of 3/8" shown for the glass stop. The lower arrow for this dimension is pointing to the outside face of the glass. It should be pointing to the inside face of the glass.
- Storage Bench
- Page 28: Main illustration
- The side panel (M) should be 15 1/4" wide, not 15 1/2" as originally printed.
- Page 29: Materials List
- The side panels (M) should be 15 1/4" wide, not 15 1/2" as originally printed.
- Page 29: Main drawing
- In the main drawing at the top of the page, the basket dimensions of 9" and 12-1/4" were flipped. The baskets are 9" tall, and 12-1/4" wide, not the reverse as shown.
- Page 29: Materials, Supplies & Cutting Diagram
- The Back Panel (K) should be 42 1/2" long, not 42 3/4" as originally printed.
- Page 25: Rail Mortises illustration
- The original illustration for the setup for routing the ends of the rails with the jig was virtually impossible for one person to setup using two supports and a pair of clamps. The art should show a saddle-style support held in place with one clamp. Page 25 in the archive PDF was replaced with a page showing correct art.
- Box-Jointed Silverware Tray
- Page 17: Second illustration
- In the drawing in the lower right corner, it appears we are making the cut by pulling the workpiece back through the blade. Actually, it should show a completed cut with the cut line completely through the workpiece.
- Three-Tiered In-Box
- Page 40: Illustration, top view and detail
- In both the top view detail and detail 'b,' the tray guides are incorrectly labeled as part F. They should be labeled part D, as in the main drawing.
- Shop Notebook
- Page 30: Mortise Jig
- The carriage bolts shown in detail 'b' must be counterbored into the fences in order to work correctly for routing the mortises in the ends of the rails, which is covered on page 25 of the Storage Bench article.