Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Mantel Clock
- Page 18: Main Illustration
- Part H (Base Trim) is missing all of the dimensions to lay out and cut the arc at the bottom edge of the piece. The arc is 3/8" high at the midpoint and 1/4" high at the ends. The ends of the arc are 1 5/8" in from the ends of the workpiece.
- Trestle Table
- Page 37: Materials, Supplies & Cutting Diagram
- The cutting diagram for Part C (Legs) should indicate two boards, 1-3/4 x 6 - 48 each, not the single 1 3/4" x 6"- 72" board as originally printed. (Alternatively you could use a single 96" board.)
- Page 37: Materials, Supplies and Cutting Diagram
- The cutting diagram for the cherry plywood needs to show two more of part P (Leaf Edge Supports). Only two are shown and four are required if you plan to make two leaves for the table.
- Page 34: Main illustration
- The Breadboard End (J) is marked as 34" long. It needs to match the overall width of the table (36"). The materials list is correct.
- Page 35: Left drawing
- The left drawing in the How-To box at the bottom of page 35 shows an incorrect dimension and no callout for the router bit. The bit is raised to the centerline of the molding blank, which is 1 1/2" thick. Solution 2: The callout should be 3/4" and the bit labelled as a '1"-rad. roundover bit' (just as it is called out in detail 'a' on page 32).
- Trough-Style Bookrack
- Page 22: Front Leg Pattern
- Two clarifications: (1) The 12 3/4" radius callout at the top of the drawing may not be obvious. (2) The pattern (blank) is 8" wide by 38" long. The blank includes the two pieces that make up the front leg of the bookrack, not just the curved piece.