Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Shop Notebook
- Page 32: Figure 1, detail a
- The dimension for the location of the foot cutout should be 5 1/2". Note that the dimensions in the article "Traditional Workbench' are correct.
- Traditional Workbench
- Page 22: Foot cutout detail
- Clarification. The article Shop Notebook (p. 32-33) contains details about making the feet for the workbench, but contains an error. It shows the dimension of the location for the foot cutout as 3 1/2" but it should be 5 1/2". See the correction note on the Shop Notebook article in this issue.
- Page 29: Cutting diagram
- Clarification: The cutting diagram shows part D (the legs) coming from 1 3/4" stock. The parts are only 1 1/2" thick, but would need to be planed or resawn from 1 3/4" stock. There are no problems with the art or copy.
- Page 25: Detail b, End Section View
- Detail "b" incorrectly calls for a 1/16" chamfer on the long edges of part I. It should be a 1/8" chamfer.
- Page 26: Main illustration
- The illustration and the text do not indicate the diameter of the dog holes to be drilled in the bench top. They should all be 3/4".