Updates & Revisions
Here you will find important updates and revisions to the articles and plans published in Woodsmith magazine.
- Classic Modular Bookcase
- Page 31: Cutting diagram
- In the cutting diagram for the optional door and drawers at the bottom of the page, parts "H" and "I" are reversed.
- Page 29: Illustration
- Clarification: The callouts for parts K and L only show the length. Part K is 3/8" x 3/8" - 17 7/8" and part L is 3/8" x 3/8" x 2 7/8".
- Page 49: Magnetic Catch part number
- The part number for the magnetic catch is 01L05.20 (not 00S16.01 as originally printed).
- Page 31: Cutting Diagram
- Item J (Drawer Front Panels) should read (2) 1/4 ply. - 3 5/8" x 18 5/8" (not 11 5/8" as originally printed.)
- Page 31: Materials & Supplies List
- The lengths of parts H and I are reversed. (They are shown correctly in the cutting diagram).
- Page 31: Cutting Diagram
- Multiple corrections to cutting diagram: (1) The half sheet of plywood that is used for part E should be labeled as 1/4" - 48" x 48". (2) Only two part N pieces are shown on the diagram, but there should be four. The materials list is correct. (3) The diagram correctly shows three part Ps at 11 3/4", but also shows two more pieces labeled as P which are considerably longer. Those two pieces should be labeled as part Q. (4) Parts C and D should be cut from poplar rather than oak as illustrated (for cost savings only). (5) In the Optional Door and Drawer Materials, Supplies, & Cutting Diagram, parts K and L should both be 3/8" x 3/8".
- Page 25: Illustration
- Part N (shelf) and part O (shelf edging) should be 21 3/8", not 21 1/2" as printed. (The cutting diagram on p. 31 is correct.)
- Page 24: Shelf Pin Hole Layout Illustration
- The 2 1/4" dimension (the distance between the shelf edge and the shelf pin holes) should be changed to 1 3/4". The callout that says Front edge should say Back edge.
- Page 27: Main illustration
- On Part Z (Face Rail), the art should indicate a 1/2" cove profile, not a roundover profile as originally printed. (The text correctly refers to it as a cove profile.)
- Five-Drawer Desk
- Page 42: Illustration detail a.
- The depth of the dado in the How-To: Dado box should be 3/16" to match detail 'b' at the top of the same page
- Page 43: Cutting Diagram
- Two Corrections: (1) The dimensions for part D (End case drawer runner) and part H (Center case drawer runner) should be 3/4" x 1/2", not 3/4" x 9/16" as printed. (The same measurement appears on page 36, detail a.) (2) The diagram for the 1/4" maple plywood should be 48" x 48", and there should be four each of part X.
- Page 37: Illustration detail a
- The dimension for the location of the drawer runner in detail 'a' on page 37 should be 1-5/16", not the 1-7/16" shown. The drawer runner location is identical for all of the drawers.
- Page 36: Illustration detail a, front section view
- The dimensions of part D (End case drawer runner) should be 3/4" x 1/2", not 3/4" x 9/16" as printed. (The same measurement is found in the cutting diagram on page 43.)